Wednesday, December 24, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM BILL

At this very special time of year, I feel the need to express my love to the people who have been and continue to be a part of my family's lives. I am so thankful for the example and sacrifice of Christ. I am thankful for a worthy man who took me into the waters of babtism 33 years ago on Christmas Day.
I am thankful for the miracle of repentence and the blood of my savior that was spilled in the sacred garden on my behalf, that I may be whole again.
I am thankful for my eternal love who is such a better person than I will ever be, has stood by my side at my darkest hour and saw good things in me than I ever knew existed.
I am thankful for my children, for thier good lives, for what they have taught me and what they continue to teach me, I am thankful that they have chosen to have the light of Christ in thier lives. I am thankful for the choices that my married daughters have made concerning thier husbands and the blessings and miracles that have come out of these unions.
I am thankful for my grand children who bring so much joy and inspiration to my life, for thier unconditional love of an old fat guy who bribes them with trips to Target and good old fasion cash.
I am thankful for an extended family that I love very much and don't see near often enough. I am thankful for the diversity that exist and I pray that I may become a better son, brother, and uncle.
I am thankful for the influence of good people who surround my life at work and at play, who bless me with their wisdom, their laughter, and their friendship. I am thankful for the life long friends who accept who I have become and for the new friends that have accept what I have been.
I am thankful for the opportuntity to share my life with the inmates in the Davis County Jail. Their spirits and stories have given me a greater understanding of the life of Christ. I am a better man for having had this opportuntity.
Mostly, I am thankful for Christ in this Christmas Season, and I pray that everyone may be blessed with his spirit regardless of circumstance. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Jenny H said...

What a beautiful testimony. We had a wonderful Christmas!
Love you!

Kelli K said...

we had such a great day. thanks for everything you guys do... we love you so much!!

Nikki said...

Love you guys!